Battery Location on GENERAL
To access the battery (1) in your Polaris GENERAL, remove the driver’s seat.
To remove the seat, lift upward on the latch lever located behind the seat bottom. Then lift upward and forward on the seat while lifting up on the latch lever to remove the seat from the vehicle.
Improperly connecting or disconnecting battery cables can result in an explosion and cause serious injury or death. When removing the battery, always disconnect the negative (black) cable first. When reinstalling the battery, always connect the negative (black) cable last.
To remove the battery:
1. Remove the driver's seat to access the battery.
2. Disconnect the black (negative) battery cable first. Disconnect the red (positive) battery cable last.
3. Remove the battery hold-down strap.
4. Lift the battery out of the vehicle.
To install a battery:
1. Ensure that the battery is fully charged. Note that using a battery that has not been fully charged can damage the battery and result in a shorter life. It also can hinder vehicle performance. Follow the battery charging instructions found in your Owner's Manual.
2. Place the fully charged battery in the battery holder. Make sure the positive terminal is toward the driver's side of the vehicle.
3. Coat the terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
4. Connect and tighten the red (positive) cable first. Connect and tighten the black (negative) cable last.
5. Install the hold-down strap.
6. Reinstall the seat.
Learn more about caring for your battery by reading Battery Charging and Maintenance Tips.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.