To properly transport your GENERAL XP 1000 or GENERAL XP 4 1000, follow these steps. Warning: Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for your vehicle weight. Follow all warnings and precautions listed by the manufacturers. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
1. Ensure your trailer is clean and free of any major debris.
2. Always practice safe riding by wearing the required safety gear. Reference your Owner’s Manual for proper riding equipment.
3. Safely drive the vehicle onto the trailer. Warning: Do not transport the vehicle in a reverse direction on the trailer.
4. Place the vehicle in PARK and verify the PARK position is displayed in the gauge.
5. Slowly release the brake pedal and ensure the vehicle does not roll.
6. Turn the engine off and remove the key to prevent loss during transport.
7. Ensure the seats are secured and the seat belts are latched.
8. Close the doors and ensure they are secure.
9. Verify the hood is latched securely.
10. Secure the fuel cap.
11. Ensure any accessories, if equipped, are properly secured.
12. Before securing the vehicle to the trailer, inspect the tie down straps for cuts, wear, fraying, dirt, debris or stiffness. Warning: Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for vehicle weight. Always follow all manufacturer warnings and precautions.
13. Starting at the front of the vehicle, attach the tie down straps to the designated tie down points. Then attach the straps to the trailer and adjust as necessary. Caution: Do NOT attach tie straps to the front control arm bolt pockets.
14. Move to the rear of the vehicle and attach the tie down straps to the designated tie down points on the trailer and vehicle chassis, then adjust as necessary.
15. Evenly tighten the tie down straps until the suspension begins to compress.
16. Continue by securing any extra length of the tie straps.
17. Inspect all the tie downs to make sure they are tight and secure.
18. Prepare your trailer for safe travel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.