To properly transport your GENERAL 1000 or GENERAL 4 1000, follow these steps. Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for your vehicle weight. Always follow all warnings and precautions listed by the manufacturers.
1. Begin by performing a quick inspection on your trailer to ensure it is clean and free of any major debris.
2. Before loading, always practice safe riding by wearing the required safety gear listed in your Owner’s Manual.
3. Next, safely drive your vehicle onto the trailer. Do not transport the vehicle in a reverse direction on the trailer.
4. Place the vehicle in PARK and verify the PARK position is displayed in the gauge.
5. Turn the engine off and remove the key to prevent loss during transport.
6. Latch the seat belts and double-check that the seats are secure.
7. Then close the doors and ensure they do not open.
8. Make sure the front storage compartment is latched and that the fuel cap is secure.
9. Verify all accessories, if equipped, are properly secured.
10. Before securing the vehicle to the trailer, inspect the tie down straps for any wear or damage. Replace as needed. Warning: Ensure your trailer and tie down straps are properly rated for vehicle weight. Always follow all manufacturer warnings and precautions.
11. Beginning at the front, attach the tie down straps to the designated tie down points. Then attach the straps to the trailer and adjust as necessary. Do NOT attach tie straps to the front control arm bolt pockets.
12. Move to the rear of the vehicle and attach the tie down straps to the designated tie down points. Then attach the straps to the trailer and adjust as necessary.
13. Next, evenly tighten the tie down straps until the suspension begins to compress.
14. Then secure any extra length of the straps before transporting.
15. Perform a final inspection to ensure all tie downs are tight and secure.
16. Finish by preparing your trailer for safe travel.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.