Updating Your 7-Inch Ride Command Display (Includes Video Tutorials)
To update the software and maps on your 7-inch Polaris Ride Command display, do the following:
1. Using Google Chrome, visit the Ride Command website.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Update Vehicle Software."
3. Select the 7-inch Off-Road display that corresponds to the one on your vehicle — either seven-button or five-button.
4. Select your region. The first screen will prompt you to choose between the Western and Eastern Hemispheres. The second will ask you to select your country or region.
5. Click the button to download the most recent software.
The maps update will be found on the right-hand side of the screen. You do not need to include the base map if you already are seeing roads and base map details on your display.
6. Once downloads are complete, drag and drop the software files onto your USB drive.
Once the files have transferred to the USB drive, safely remove your USB drive and plug the USB drive into the USB port on your vehicle.
7. Once the USB drive is plugged into the USB port on your vehicle, turn on the Ride Command display. Press the Apps button (On seven-button displays, press the Polaris logo at the top of the screen in place of the Apps button). Tap "Settings." Tap "General" and then select "Update Software." Select the file you want to install. Tap "Yes" when asked to restart.
8. Once the display has restarted, repeat Step 6 with the maps/trails files. After the files have transferred, safely remove your USB drive and plug it into the USB port on your vehicle.
9. Turn on the Ride Command display and press the Apps button (On seven-button displays, press the Polaris logo at the top of the screen in place of the Apps button). Tap "Settings." Tap "General" and then select "Update Maps/Trails." Tap the map package row. Tap "Yes" when asked to confirm. After the display restarts, you're ready to go.
Note that both the software and maps files can be on your USB drive at the same time. The Ride Command display will select the proper file.
See the three videos below for more details on uploading the new software and maps to your Ride Command display. For more Ride Command videos, visit the Tutorials section of the Ride Command website.
Software for five-button Ride Command:
Maps for five-button Ride Command:
Updates for seven-button Ride Command:
For more information on the seven-button Ride Command display, consult the User's Guide.