Poor lighting can result in reduced visibility when driving. Headlight and taillight lenses become dirty during normal operation. Clean lights frequently and replace burned out lamps promptly. Do not operate your Polaris GENERAL at night or in low light conditions until the headlight is replaced. Always make sure lights are adjusted properly for best visibility.
When servicing a halogen lamp, don't touch the lamp with bare fingers. Oil from your skin leaves a residue, causing a hot spot that will shorten the life of the lamp.
Headlight Replacement for GENERAL 1000 or GENERAL 1000 Sport Models with Halogen Headlights
1. Access the headlamp wiring harness through the front wheel wells.
2. Unplug the the headlamps from the wiring harness. Be sure to pull on the connector, not on the wiring.
3. Turn the lamp counter-clockwise to remove it.
4. Install the new lamp. Make sure the tab on the lamp locates properly in the housing. The bulb is part number 4012279.
5. Reinstall the harness assembly into the headlight assembly.
Headlight Replacement for GENERAL 1000 Premium, GENERAL 1000 Deluxe, GENERAL XP 1000, GENERAL 4 1000, GENERAL XP 4 1000 or Any Models with LED Lights
If an LED headlight becomes damaged or inoperable, the entire headlight assembly must be replaced. See your Polaris Dealer for a replacement. Do not operate this vehicle at night or in low light conditions until the headlight is replaced. Always make sure lights are adjusted properly for best visibility.
Headlight Beam Adjustment
1. Place the vehicle on a level surface with the headlight approximately 25 feet (7.6 m) from a wall.
2. Place the transmission in PARK.
3. Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight and make a mark on the wall at the same height.
4. Apply the brakes. Start the engine. Turn on the headlights.
5. Observe the headlight aim. The most intense part of the headlight beam should be aimed 8 inches (20 cm) below the mark placed on the wall. Include the weight of a rider on the seat while performing this step.
6. If a headlight needs adjustment, locate the adjustment screw at the back of the headlight.
7. Loosen the screw. Adjust the headlight and then tighten the screw.
8. Repeat the previous three steps until the lamp is properly adjusted.
For more maintenance procedures, consult your Owner's Manual.
To find a Polaris Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
To find replacement parts, including bulbs, consult your vehicle's online parts catalog. For more on using the parts catalog, click here.