Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter on your Polaris GENERAL. To clean or replace the air filter on your GENERAL XP 1000 or GENERAL XP 4 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Lift the cargo box.
4. Clean the area around the airbox.
5. Release the two straps retaining the airbox cover and remove the cover.
6. Inspect the airbox cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814054.
7. Remove the air filter.
8. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. The air filter is part number 7082115. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
9. Clean the airbox thoroughly. Wipe well with a clean, dry cloth. Caution: Dirt or debris in the intake could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake before installing the air filter.
10. Reinstall the air filter and ensure it is fully seated. Caution: Use of non-Polaris-approved air filters may cause engine damage. Always use Polaris-approved replacement filters. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
11. Reinstall the airbox cover, making sure the tabs are aligned and secured.
12. Latch the two cover straps.
13. Lower the cargo box.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.